What is the NEET Exam?NEET stands for National Eligibility and Entrance Test, which is conducted to fill the 54,000 medical seats all across the country. This examination does not merely allow the candidate to occupy a seat at the government colleges but also scores of private colleges. The NEET Exam assesses the candidate’s knowledge in three major subjects, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The examination is organized by the National Testing Agency at a national level. The NEET Exam is for all those candidates who wish to excel in their careers in the medical sector, and the key to crack this exam is driving passion, diligence, and sheer hard work. Download All These Intructions as PDF here: Download NEET Information Brochure!
Highlights of NEET Exam 2021
- Exam Name: NEET
- Frequency of Examination: Once a year
- The official website for NTA: neet.nta.nic.in
- Credentials of Login Portal: Roll number, birth date, and security pin
- Courses through examination: MBBS, BSMS, BNYS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, etc.
- Validity of result: Same academic year
- Conducting Authority of Exam: National Testing Agency
In order to ensure social distancing norms, number of cities where examination will be conducted has been increased from 155 to 198. The number of examination centres will also be increased from the 3862 centres used in 2020.— Dharmendra Pradhan (@dpradhanbjp) July 12, 2021
NEET 2021 Exam UPDATED PatternThe NEET 2021 Examination will be conducted in an online mode considering the covid-19 cases escalating up the graph. The candidates for this year are supposed to follow the exam pattern upheld by the NTA. The students will have to attempt 180 multiple choice questions out of the 200 questions given. The details are as follows: ——————————————————————————————
|Mode of the examination||Offline only i.e. Pen Paper Mode|
|Medium/ Language||English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, and Urdu|
|Duration of the examination||Three hours|
|Frequency of exam in a year||Once every year|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of Questions||200 (180 applicable questions to be attempted)|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for correct answer and -1 mark for an incorrect answer|
|Total sections in the question paper||2 (Section A + Section B) . All 35 questions in Section A is mandatory. Out of 15 questions in Section B, the student has to only answer 10.|
|Subject||Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Type of Question|
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2021——————————————————————————————
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign Nationals|
|NEET 2021 Age Limit||Atleast 18 years of age as on December 31, 2021|
|Qualifying exam details required for NEET||Class 12 or equivalent with PCB.|
|12th percentage required for NEET 2021||Gen/ OBC: Minimum 50% in PCB and aggregate SC/ST: Minimum 40% PwD: 45%|
|Can Dropouts Apply||Yes|
|NEET Max Attempt limit||No upper cap|
|Biology as an extra subject||Allowed|
NEET 2021 – Eligibility Criteria for MBBS/ BDS/ BUMS/ BSMS courses——————————————————————————————
|Course||12th percentage required for NEET|
|MBBS/ BDS||Minimum 50% in class 12 (40% for SC/ST and 45% for PwD).|
|BUMS||In addition to above, pass in Urdu or Arabic or Persian language in class 10.|
|BSMS||Pass in Tamil subject in class 10 or equivalent in addition to class 12 criteria given above.|
NEET Exam 2021 RegistrationThe registration for the NEET Exam 2021 has started and will continue till August 10, 2021
- The application process for the year 2021 will be online mode.
- Students are allowed to register themselves merely through one form, and multiple entries will be subjected to rejection.
- Students are requested to fill in the form with valid information including, email id and phone number, since it will be the only means of communication.
- The application process can be noted under five ways- registering candidate details online, filling up the details, scanned image uploading along with signature, processing the application fee, and printing both application and fee receipt.
- Uploading significant documents, including passport size photographs, signature, and other documents as per the official guidelines.
- The fees for the General Category students are INR 1500, EWS will be charged INR 1400, whereas the Other Category students are charged INR 800.
- A passport size photograph to be pasted in the attendance sheet at NEET 2021 exam hall. Photo must be same as uploaded in application of NEET 2021.
- A valid original Photo ID – PAN Card/ Passport/ Ration Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Any Govt ID
- PwD certificate (only for PwD candidates)
- Proforma of NEET exam admit card with a postcard size photo pasted on it
NEET 2021 Application CorrectionThe applicants for the NEET Exam 2021 can make significant changes in the correction window. It will open from August 11- August 14. However, merely a few fields can have changed; thus, it is advised to the candidates to fill their forms with utmost precision.
If you have any queries, here is the NEET Contact details:
- NEET Contact Email ID: neet[at]nta[dot]ac[dot]in
- NEET Helpline: 011-40759000/011-69227700
- Payment Related Queries: Visit this Link
NEET 2021 Syllabus
A wise candidate knows what to prepare and how to prepare. It is time to pull up your sleeves and study your bottoms- off. Jumping to the NEET 2021 syllabus, let’s take a quick glance, shall we? The major topics will be covered from both the 11th and 12th classes, so ensure that your preparation time is more. Quick Read: How Einstein, Feynman & Tesla managed to learn anything, and you can do too! The syllabus covers the following subjects and topics:
The syllabus of #JEE and #NEET will remain unchanged for the year 2021. However, unlike previous years, this year the candidates will have options to answer the questions in JEE and NEET Examinations.— PIB India (@PIB_India) January 19, 2021
Read more: https://t.co/It6d0uTQEX
Physics- Class 11 Syllabus
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
Physics- Class 12 Syllabus
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
Important Topics in Physics – NEET 2020 Analysis – Number Of Questions Asked
|Class||Chapter name||Number Of Questions|
|Heat & Thermodynamics||5|
Chemistry- Class 11 Syllabus
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
Chemistry- Class 12 Syllabus
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Important Topics in Chemistry – NEET 2020 Analysis – Number Of Questions Asked
|Class||Section||Number Of Questions|
Biology (Botany + Zoology) – Class 11 Syllabus
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
Biology (Botany + Zoology)- Class 12 Syllabus
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
Important Topics in Botany – NEET 2020 Analysis – Number Of Questions AskedBotany
|Class||Chapter name||Number Of Questions|
|Cell and cell cycle||6|
|Structural organization of plants||5|
|Diversity of Life||5|
|Biology in Human welfare||2|
|Reproduction and sexual reproduction||2|
Important Topics in Zoology – NEET 2020 Analysis – Number Of Questions AskedZoology
|Class||Chapter name||Number Of Questions|
|Structural organization of animals||2|
|Animal husbandry and Biotechnology||10|
|Human Reproduction and reproductive health||4|
|Evolutions theories and evidences||4|
|Human Health and diseases||4|
NEET 2021 Admit Card GenerationThe admit card is made available to the NEET aspirants. The candidates can download their admit cards through the NTA website with their login credentials. It will be released three days before the examination, which is on September 9, 2021.
NEET 2021 Answer KeyThe official Answer Key will be released once the examination is over and will be notified on the NTA website.
NEET 2021 Merit ListThe merit list will be derived on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates. There will be three kinds of merit lists, All India Merit List, AIQ Merit List, and States’ Merit List.
NEET 2021 ResultThe result will be declared soon after the examination on the NTA NEET website. The result will be announced in the scorecard format, and the candidates are requested to save it for their future references. Once the result date is announced, this article will be updated with the same! Keep checking out this space! Download All These Instructions as PDF here: Download NEET Information Brochure!
1. Is NEET 2021 postponed or canceled?Ans: No, the NEET 2021 examination is not canceled and has been scheduled for September 12th 2021.
2. Is there any significant change in the NEET 2021 examination pattern?Ans: Yes, a lot of changes have been introduced. One of the most significant ones is that the NEET 2021 Examination will be held in an online mode, covering 13 different languages. Furthermore, the paper will have two sections, A and B, with a myriad range of internal options. Please read our “NEET 2021 Updates” article here to know more!
3. My age is 16 years, will I be restricted from taking the NEET Examination?Ans: Yes, you will be restricted from taking the examination as you are not meeting the required age criteria. To take the NEET Examination, you should be a minimum of 17 years by December 21, 2021.
4. What is the number of questions for the NEET 2021 Examination?Ans: There are a total number of 200 questions, out of which 20 questions are optional.
5. Has the syllabus for the NEET 2021 Examination been reduced?Ans: No, as of now, there is no news from NTA regarding the reduction of the syllabus for the NEET 2021 Examination. It is advised to all the candidates to follow the official website to seek the latest updates regarding the examination.
6. Can I change my language option once I submit the form?Ans: Once you pick the language, it cannot be changed after submission.
7. When will the official admit card of the NEET 2021 Examination be released? How can I download the admit card of NEET 2021?Ans: You can download the admit card once its realeased on 9th September 2021.
8. What are the different seats under which the admission process will be made?Ans: Candidates can proceed with the admission process under the following seats:
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
Ans: The candidates are supposed to approach the concerned banks, which will be available on the main website.
10. What is the ideal duration of the NEET 2021 Examination?Ans: The duration of the examination will be for 3 hours.
11. Is there an option to edit the exam center preferences even after I fill out the form?Ans: Yes, there is a scope for editing the exam center preferences. Once you receive the NEET Form Correction from NTA, the candidates can easily edit their details as per their specifications and requirements.
12. Will NEET 2021 also include questions from Mathematics?Ans. No, the questions will only be from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Mathematics is not a part of NEET syllabus.
13. What is the mode of NEET Exam?Ans: The mode of examination for the NEET Exam 2021 will be online due to the current pandemic situation.
14. What are the preferred NEET 2021 reference books?Ans: NCERT Physics Class XI & Class XII, Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma, Objective Physics By DC Pandey, Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker, Fundamental Physics by Pradeep and Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov.
15. What are the documents required to apply for NEET examinations?Ans: Here are the list of Document required to apply for NEET examinations:
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s passport-sized photograph.
- Scanned copy of postcard size photograph.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature.
- Scanned copy of left-hand thumb impression.
- Valid ID proof.
16. Where do I see my NEET examination centre alloted by NTA?Ans: Follow this Link: https://testservices.nic.in/NEET2021/DownloadAdmitCard/AuthCandNEET.aspx Login with your Application number and enter your date of birth along with the security pin (captcha) shown.
17. How to fill the OMR Sheet?Ans: Follow this Link for a detailed guide on how to fill OMR sheets correctly: https://neet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/File/GetFile?FileId=91&LangId=P
Are you ready to construct the fences of your future? It is time to mark the pin of success on your story. We hope you are carrying away a lot of knowledge and information from us to become the person of your dreams. Download All These Intructions as PDF here: Download NEET Information Brochure!
If You Found This Post Insightful..
Be Sure to Subscribe to our Mailing List to get the latest updates on exams straight to your inbox!